Fattass Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copies Of Album On Ipod Classic 120gb

3 posters

Go down

Copies Of Album On Ipod Classic 120gb Empty Copies Of Album On Ipod Classic 120gb

Post by Mr. Micx Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:41 am

Hello all.
I recently bought an iPod Classic 120gb, I found it fantastic.
But I added a album (Weird Al, if you must know), and on the ipod, it displays as three albums...the same album copied three times.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Mr.Micx/IPodTrouble#5333606292078991586
But in iTunes, there is only one copy.
Mr. Micx
Mr. Micx

Back to top Go down

Copies Of Album On Ipod Classic 120gb Empty Re: Copies Of Album On Ipod Classic 120gb

Post by jameswalker85 Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:15 am

Are they all named with the exact same case?

I also have trouble with Weird Al. It's usually because sometimes it's usually one of
Weird Al Yankovic
"Weird Al" Yankovic
"Weird" Al Yankovic

Out of curiosity, which album is it?
jameswalker85
jameswalker85
Admin
Admin

http://www.fattass.tk

Back to top Go down

Copies Of Album On Ipod Classic 120gb Empty Re: Copies Of Album On Ipod Classic 120gb

Post by leiger Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:19 am

Mr. Micx wrote:Hello all.
I recently bought an iPod Classic 120gb, I found it fantastic.
But I added a album (Weird Al, if you must know), and on the ipod, it displays as three albums...the same album copied three times.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Mr.Micx/IPodTrouble#5333606292078991586
But in iTunes, there is only one copy.

Backup all of the files, format the SD card, then... oh wai -- Shocked

Whoops. You meant an iPod? No idea, wish I had one. Weird Al's got some great songs, though. They're not really good for listening to over-and-over in my opinion, which is a major drawback.

Oh and I hate how you're forced to use iTunes to do anything useful with the iPod Evil or Very Mad Main reason I haven't got one yet.
leiger
leiger

http://www.teamcyclops.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Micx Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:57 am

jameswalker85 wrote:Are they all named with the exact same case?

I also have trouble with Weird Al. It's usually because sometimes it's usually one of
Weird Al Yankovic
"Weird Al" Yankovic
"Weird" Al Yankovic

Out of curiosity, which album is it?
Well, if you'd looked at the link I supplied you would know it's 'Petter and the Wolf"
The albums appear as "Peter and the Wolf"
"Peter And the Wolf"
"Peter and the Wolf"

But the weird thing is, iTunes only displays one album and the iPod displays three.
Mr. Micx
Mr. Micx

Back to top Go down

Post by jameswalker85 Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:04 am

Mr. Micx wrote:
Well, if you'd looked at the link I supplied you would know it's 'Petter and the Wolf"
Ah, yes, that would have helped. I didn't open it because I'm on a stupid phone, and the signal for GPRS here is awful. It would have taken ages to load.

In iTunes, rename them all 'Peter' in the album field, then rename them all again to 'Peter and the Wolf'. Do the same for the artist field. Rename them all 'Weird', then rename them all 'Weird Al Yankovic'.

The reason say to rename them twice is because sometimes if you rename them but only change the case, it doesn't change. So give them a different name, and rename them all to the exact same.

BTW... I hate iTunes, but it's nessessary for iPods. But then again, my iPod is broken, so I don't need it anymore.
jameswalker85
jameswalker85
Admin
Admin

http://www.fattass.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Micx Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:38 am

jameswalker85 wrote:
Mr. Micx wrote:
Ah, yes, that would have helped. I didn't open it because I'm on a stupid phone, and the signal for GPRS here is awful. It would have taken ages to load.

In iTunes, rename them all 'Peter' in the album field, then rename them all again to 'Peter and the Wolf'. Do the same for the artist field. Rename them all 'Weird', then rename them all 'Weird Al Yankovic'.

The reason say to rename them twice is because sometimes if you rename them but only change the case, it doesn't change. So give them a different name, and rename them all to the exact same.

BTW... I hate iTunes, but it's nessessary for iPods. But then again, my iPod is broken, so I don't need it anymore.
OMG, it worked!! Thanks SO MUCH!!
What got me really confused is how it displays as three albums on the iPod, but only one in iTunes..
THANK YOU SO MUCH cheers
Mr. Micx
Mr. Micx

Back to top Go down

Post by leiger Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:08 am

So the answer was that they were in a different case (upper/lower)? Jeez, lame if something like that confuses the iPod. Should be like iTunes and only see one.
leiger
leiger

http://www.teamcyclops.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Micx Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:22 am

It's weird, I think the songs info. somehow got change and had different album names, thus causing the three albums to appear, but like Leiger said, what displays in iTunes, should display the exact same on the iPod, it's very weird, I may report it to Apple.
Mr. Micx
Mr. Micx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down