Fattass Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some thoughts about hosting game saves

3 posters

Go down

Some thoughts about hosting game saves Empty Some thoughts about hosting game saves

Post by leiger Sun May 31, 2009 2:54 am

REQUESTING SAVES

Requesting save files

If anyone needs a specific game save, request it here. Who knows, someone might have the game and be up to the point that you want the save file for?

UPLOADING SAVES

Making them at regular intervals for any new games you get and start from scratch

I'm thinking that as we buy new games and start playing them, we should regularly back up the save at intervals and upload them to here.

For example, with a pokemon game you could backup the save directly after every Gym badge and after the Elite four, then upload all 9 saves here. If someone wanted to start at a particular point, they could download the one they wanted. Wouldn't take too much effort to make the backups seeing as most of us will be using CycloDSes to play anyway Smile

As much detail as possible

And especially with a game such as Pokemon, or Made in Ore (haven't actually played it), as much detail as possible would be great. eg:

Game: Pokemon FireRed
Region: Europe
Description: Completed the Cinnibar Island gym (7th) and saved outside the final gym in Viridian City. Last gym has not been beaten yet. Current team consists of -- blah, blah, blah -- and the starter was Squirtle. Two legendaries captured - Zapdos and Moltres. Player's name is "Ash", and the rival's name is "n00b". Don't have any of the special event tickets, and have never used cheats with this save.

Last edited by leiger on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:25 am; edited 3 times in total
leiger
leiger

http://www.teamcyclops.com/

Back to top Go down

Some thoughts about hosting game saves Empty Re: Some thoughts about hosting game saves

Post by Mr. Micx Sun May 31, 2009 3:41 am

Great idea and template for this Smile
Mr. Micx
Mr. Micx

Back to top Go down

Some thoughts about hosting game saves Empty Re: Some thoughts about hosting game saves

Post by Gariscus Sun May 31, 2009 4:10 am

I think this is what I'll use when requesting save files.
Gariscus
Gariscus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Micx Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 am

Yeah...I think this should be one of the standard save requesting forms.
Mr. Micx
Mr. Micx

Back to top Go down

Post by leiger Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:47 am

Mr. Micx wrote:Yeah...I think this should be one of the standard save requesting forms.

It was intended to be the form that you used when putting up your own saves, not for requesting them Laughing
leiger
leiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gariscus Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:56 am

leiger wrote:
Mr. Micx wrote:Yeah...I think this should be one of the standard save requesting forms.

It was intended to be the form that you used when putting up your own saves, not for requesting them Laughing

Well, sorry but I read "Requesting save files" in your original post.
Gariscus
Gariscus

Back to top Go down

Post by leiger Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:26 am

Gariscus wrote:
leiger wrote:

Well, sorry but I read "Requesting save files" in your original post.

There, I've fixed the post and added red headings. The first one was talking about requesting saves, the last two were talking about just uploading saves for the sake of it... similar to making skins for the sake of it and not knowing if anyone will use them.
leiger
leiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Micx Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:39 am

Thanks for fixing that.
Mr. Micx
Mr. Micx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down