Fattass Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Story of Fattass

4 posters

Go down

The Story of Fattass Empty The Story of Fattass

Post by jameswalker85 Thu May 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Sometime around 1999/2000, I was half way through high school. I was a fan of wrestling, and would sometimes take part in 'matches', organised by a friend of mine. My wrestling name was 'Fatt Ass' Jimmy Lawrence (my middle name), and I was terrible. I nearly broke a guys neck while attempting a powerbomb.

In 2002, I started college. Some of the guys in my class formed a band with me, called Purblind. I say 'band', but none of us could play any instruments. Although we did record an a capella version of Europe's 'The Final Countdown'.

Purblind had it's own website, which included a message board, and was really popular amongst students. Unfortunately, some of the users fell out, and the board was closed down due to abuse.

At the same time, I had created my own homepage, which was called JJ's Links. Catchy, ain't it? Later, JJ's Links became Fattass.tk, which contained links, pictures, song lyrics, crude flash animations that I made, etc. I also decided to step in and create Fattass Forum. It was based on the same old message board system that Purblind had used.

I then decided I wanted something a bit better. I wanted avatars, signatures, user profiles and catergories. A former friend of mine registered a forum at InvisionFree for me, and Fattass Forum v2 was born (I later dropped the 'v2').

I wanted to expand, and so created an online store with CafePress. I named it Fattass Stuff, and was pretty much the only customer for a while.

After I left college, I got a job at a bar on the seafront. Soon after that, I moved out of my mum's house, and lived with a colleague (who became my boss about a month later). We didn't have the internet, so I stopped work on the sites.

Around 6 months later, I'd had enough of my landlord/boss, so I quit my job and moved into a house with 3 friends. As these friends were users of Fattass Forum, I started work on the sites again. I changed Fattass Stuff from CafePress to Spreadshirt. I went back to my job 3 months later.

About a year after that, I changed job again, this time working as a cashier at a supermarket, owned by a multinational retail giant famous for it's rollbacks. I didn't have as much time anymore, so I stopped updating Fattass.tk. Instead, I gave the store the Fattass.tk monicker, and that was pretty much it. Until...

Fast-forward a few years, and I now have a wife and child. I no longer live with those friends, and I no longer work. I purchased a CycloDS Evolution, and joined the Team Cyclops forums. Almost a year goes by, and the subject of downloadable game saves arises on the forums. Somebody suggested that there should be a site that you could download CycloDS Evo game saves from. Somebody suggested that a TC forum member could make a site. I stupidly volunteered. Idiot.

And now here we are. This forum is all we have so far, as my PC broke. But when I get my new laptop, to replace the piece of crap I'm using to type this, work will recommence. And Fattass.co.uk shall be born!

Hope that didn't put you to sleep. Just thought I'd explain the name Fattass and it's history.
jameswalker85
jameswalker85
jameswalker85
Admin
Admin

http://www.fattass.tk

Back to top Go down

The Story of Fattass Empty Re: The Story of Fattass

Post by Gariscus Thu May 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Very interesting...
Gariscus
Gariscus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Micx Fri May 29, 2009 2:12 am

It WAS interesting...it helps us to understand part of you and how this forum and site came about
Mr. Micx
Mr. Micx

Back to top Go down

Post by jameswalker85 Fri May 29, 2009 3:53 am

Well, I know that if I stumbled across this site, I'd wonder why the fudge would they call a DS website 'Fattass'?
jameswalker85
jameswalker85
Admin
Admin

http://www.fattass.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Micx Fri May 29, 2009 4:41 am

jameswalker85 wrote:Well, I know that if I stumbled across this site, I'd wonder why the fudge would they call a DS website 'Fattass'?
True...I was wondering the same thing...until you made this....
Mr. Micx
Mr. Micx

Back to top Go down

Post by leiger Sat May 30, 2009 5:57 am

jameswalker85 wrote:Somebody suggested that there should be a site that you could download CycloDS Evo game saves from. Somebody suggested that a TC forum member could make a site. I stupidly volunteered. Idiot.
LOLĀ Very Happy

Despite that I can't see this failing any time soon. You've got the time to put into it, so that'll make it go far enough on its own.

As everyone else said, thanks for the history. Interesting.
leiger
leiger

http://www.teamcyclops.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down